Dublin Airport is regulated by the Commission for Aviation Regulation, under the Irish Aviation Regulation Act 2001 and in accordance with the EU Airport Charges Directive. The Commission for Aviation Regulation imposes price cap regulation via regulatory determinations that it reviews every five years. The current 2014 Determination covers the five year period 2015-2019 and the next Determination, which is expected in 2019, will commence in 2020 and run until 2024. Dublin Airport consults with airport users on the suite of airport charges comprising the annual price caps in a process that is facilitated by the Commission for Aviation Regulation each year.
At Dublin Airport, we believe it is important that airlines and passengers are aware of the various charges that airlines incur each year for the use of infrastructure such as runways and passenger terminals. These charges are typically paid indirectly by passengers via the airline ticket price or by freight customers via an associated fee. Airport charges include but are not limited to the following:
- Runway Movement Charge: This includes both take-off and landing charges, which are linked to the weight of the aircraft.
- Passenger Service Charge: This charge relates to the passenger processing service. The provision of certain airport security is also consolidated into this charge
- Aircraft Parking Charge: A parking charge applies from the actual time of arrival (landed time) to the actual time of departure (airborne time) minus 30 minutes as recorded in the Dublin Airport Operations System database
- Airbridge Charge: This charge is applied to all airbridge-compatible aircraft occupying an airbridge served stand.
- Transfer Charge: This charge relates to passengers who arrive in Dublin Airport and depart on a second flight that is not more than 12 hours after the scheduled time of arrival of the first flight.
- Persons with Reduced Mobility Charge: This includes a fee for the provision of services to persons with reduced mobility.
- Fast Track Charge: This charge is levied on all airline passengers who avail of the fast track security product.
For more information on Airport Charges, please refer to the document below titled ‘Dublin Airport Charges 2019’, which is updated annually following consultation with airport users in accordance with the Airport Charges Directive.
Click on any of the links below for more information on Airport Charges.